One of 200 lawyers to be recognized by Human Resource Executive magazine as the Nation's Most Powerful Employment Attorneys, John counsels and represents employers on labor and employment issues helping them achieve and maintain legal compliance, while improving employee engagement and workplace productivity. With years of experience advising employers in a broad range of industries, John provides his clients practical, real world advice, mindful of the need to balance the legal “ideal” with a client’s operational reality.
John focuses on:
- Preventive counseling, training and policy development with regard to: sexual and other prohibited harassment; wage and hour compliance; social media; performance management, progressive discipline and terminations; recruiting, hiring and retention; reasonable accommodations and other ADA and FMLA issues; drugs and alcohol; employee handbooks; technology and privacy
- General counseling concerning compliance with federal and state employment laws, including wage and hour and EEO compliance audits, and consultation on individual employment decisions
- Workplace investigations relating to discrimination, harassment and retaliation, ethics violations and other workplace misconduct
- Business transitions, such as mergers, acquisitions and reductions in force
- Contracts/agreements including employment agreements, retention agreements, executive contracts, alternative dispute resolution, restrictive and other covenants, and severance plans and agreements
- Administrative proceedings before the EEOC, Division of Human Rights, NLRB, and federal and state departments of labor