If you've got to hire a lawyer, you might as well hire a great one!Fighting for custody and access is hard, especially on kids. We can help you navigate a fair path."Breaking up is hard to do" isn't just a catchy song. Let us help you get through the hardest parts.Are you concerned that you might be headed to court? Chris Luhn can help. Don't go it alone.Arguing with the police officer usually doesn't help. But, we can. Call us.
Personal, service-oriented law practice, concentrating in Family Law, Divorce, Custody, Support, and Visitation; Injury Victims, Plaintiff's-only Personal Injury, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Serious Injuries; and, Traffic Offenses.
Consultations: Telephone consultations of up to 20-minutes are happily provided without charge based on availability. Face-to-face consultations are provided by appointment at our customary rate of $250 per hour, with a $250 minimum.
- $5.5 million settlement of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) car crash case against defendant who crossed center-line causing head-on collision with victim's car.
- $1.1 million settlement of injury case for pedestrian struck by CONRAIL train.
- $1.2 million recovered from multiple defendants liable for environmental damage caused by overfilled underground gasoline tanks.
Honors and Leadership Background:
- Saratoga County Bar Association: President (1998–1999), vice-President (1997), Secretary (1996) and Treasurer (1995).
- Founding Member, Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group, Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA) (1992–2000).
- Board of Directors, New York State Trial Lawyers Association (1992-2000).
- Board of Directors, Brain Injury Association of New York State (1996–2000).
- President, Malta Sunrise Rotary (7/1/2014-6/30/2015).
- President-elect, Malta Sunrise Rotary (2013-2014).
- Board of Directors, Friends of the Ulysses S. Grant Cottage, Wilton, NY (2014 - present).
Languages spoken: Spanish
Hourly ($250-350/hour), contingent (33%)
Cash, Check, Credit card
Are you an attorney? Endorse this lawyer
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Who's Who in American Law||Who's Who In American Law||1997|
|Strathmore's Who's Who Registry of Business Leaders||Strathmore||1997|
|Who's Who in American Law||Marquis Who's Who in American Law||1996|
|Owner||Christopher N. Luhn, P.C.||2014 - Present|
|Senior Associate||Arroyo Copland & Associates, PLLC||2012 - 2014|
|Owner||Christopher N. Luhn, P.C||2008 - 2012|
|Assistant Attorney General||New York State Department of Law||2000 - 2005|
|Owner||Christopher N. Luhn, P.C.||1996 - 2000|
|Partner||Ianniello, Anderson, Reilly & Luhn, P.C.||1988 - 1996|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Friends of the Ulysses S. Grant Cottage||Board of Directors||2014 - Present|
|Malta Sunrise Rotary Club||President||2014 - 2015|
|Saratoga County Bar Association||President||1997 - 1999|
|Saratoga County Bar Association||Vice President||1996 - 1997|
|Brain Injury Association of New York||Board Member||1996 - 2000|
|Saratoga County Bar Association||Secretary||1995 - 1996|
|Saratoga County Bar Association||Treasurer||1994 - 1995|
|Association of Trial Lawyers of America||Founding Member Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group||1992 - 2000|
|New York State Trial Lawyers Association||Board Member||1992 - 2000|
|LEECHING v. CONSOLIDATED RAIL CORPORATION, NO. 92-CV-1170 UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, N.D. NEW YORK||Structured settlement of lifetime monthly payments to plaintiff.|
|Strydio v. Poughkeepsie Nissan||Settled one week before trial - $5.5 million|
|See all legal cases|
|University of Baltimore Law Forum||The Child-Parent Testimonial Privilege, the Courts, and a Statutory Alternative||1985|
|University of Baltimore School of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1985|
|Washington College||Political Science||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1974|
|ATLA Annual Convention||Developing and Presenting a CaseTheme to the Jury||2001|
|Association of Trial Lawyers of America||Introduction to Handling the "Mild" Brain Injury Case||1994|