Skip to main content
John Virdone

John Virdone’s Answers

2 total

  • Can my mother get full custody of my baby if she has not been in her grand daughters life for months?

    i am a 19 year old parent with a 21 year old fiancee and 6month old baby. my mother is trying to get full custody of her when i have not seen her for three months after getting into a huge argument for her calling my child the N word.. my fiance...

    John’s Answer

    In New York State, grandparents can petition for custody of their grandchildren. However, they will have to prove that there are extraordinary circumstances and it is in the best interests of the children. In your case, the Judge already awarded the grandmother temporary custody before trial, which is very rare. It means that even without a trial, the Judge deemed there was an emergency. Usually, the grandparent will have to prove his or her case before any form of custody is awarded. If you believe that the Judge erred in awarding her temproary custody, you should appeal that decision to the higher court.

    See question 
  • My Mother of almost 80 is being used and abused and Brainwashed by my sister,and Family cause of a grudge against me?

    My mother just met a boyfriend at 80 years old which took her out of her deep depression. I was the one who made it happen. By taking her out more. My sister is so insistant that she finishes up writing her 4th will now. While she is being cited b...

    John’s Answer

    It seems as if your mother may need to have a legal guardian appointed to care for her financial affairs if one had not already been appointed by the Court. You described that your sister had taken on this role, perhaps even without a court order, and that you have sued or are about sue your sister to have her account for mishandling your Mom's affairs over the last 4 years. You may bring a guardianship peition in Supreme Court and request that you be appointed as guardian. Once you are appointed, you will have authority to prevent you sister from forcing your mother to execute another will.

    See question