We'll help you find the right solution for your needs
Does this sound like your topic?
This section is about me, Suzanne Alexandra Ascher, Esq., CPA, Tax LL.M.
I am a solo practitioner in Staten Island with both law and accounting practices. I am admitted to practice as an attorney at law before all New York State Courts, the United States Tax Court, and the United States Supreme Court. I am also a licensed certified public accountant in New York State. As an attorney and certified public accountant, I am qualified to practice before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
I am a native of Staten Island, New York, Richmond County. My office is located at 169 Nugent Street, Staten Island, New York 10306-1243. My telephone number is 718-490-3392. My fax number is 718-668-3729.
LAW OFFICE OF SUZANNE ALEXANDRA ASCHER, ESQ., CPA, TAX LL.M.
Office Address (by appointment only):
169 Nugent Street
Staten Island, NY 10306-1243
P.O. Box 141287
Staten Island, NY 10314-1287
Website Address: www.suzanneascherlaw.com
Google Plus Address: https://plus.google.com/104131399576747227780
Facebook Address: www.facebook.com/suzanne.ascher
Facebook Law Office (Professional Page) Address:
Justia Website Address:
Cornell University Law School Website Address:
IRS AND NEW YORK STATE TAX REPRESENTATION AND TAX PREPARATION:
I represent individual and business taxpayers with IRS & New York State tax problems in the the areas of:
* Audits - IRS Audits, NYS Audits
* Audit Reconsideration
* Bank Levy Seizure
* Collection Due Process Hearings - CDP - for Lien & Levy
* Corporate Taxes
* Currently Not Collectible (CNC) Status
* Delinquent Back Taxes, Including Multiple Outstanding Years
* Estate & Gift Taxes
* Income Taxes
* Installment Payment Plan Agreements for Balances Due
* Innocent Spouse Relief
* IRS Appeals
* Late Filing for Non-filers of Prior Year Tax Returns
* Liens, Levies, & Garnishments
* Offers in Compromise - OIC: Doubt as to Collectibility, Effective Tax Administration (ETA) & Doubt as to Liability
* Payroll & Business Taxes
* Penalty Abatements
* Tax Planning for Individuals, Estates & Businesses
* Tax Return Preparation & Amendment of Filed Returns
* Trust Fund Recovery Penalty (TFRP) Under IRC Section 6672
* United States (US) Tax Court Petitions for IRS Notices of Deficiency
* Wage Garnishment Seizure
ESTATE PROBATE AND ESTATE ADMINISTRATION/SURROGATE'S COURT PRACTICE:
Suzanne Alexandra Ascher, Esq., CPA, Tax LL.M. is also an experienced attorney representing Executors and Administrators of decedents' estates in Estate Probate (decedent dying with a will) and Administration (decedent dying intestate without a will) in Surrogate's Court in Staten Island, New York, in Richmond County.
Here is a listing of my education from high school onward:
High School: St. Peter's High School for Girls (Staten Island). Valedictorian & Graduated First in Class. 1992.
College: B.S. in Accounting, Summa Cum Laude. St. John's University, College of Business Administration (now the Tobin School of Business), Staten Island Campus. 1996.
Law School: J.D. (Juris Doctor). New York Law School. 1999.
Post-Graduate Law School: LL.M. (Master of Laws in Taxation). New York Law School. 2007.
ACADEMIC HONORS AND ACTIVITIES:
Here are the academic honors and activities I had back when I was a student:
* Justice (President), Phi Alpha Delta International, Tilden Chapter,
New York Law School.
* Valedictorian & Gold Medal Award for Highest Grade Point Average,
1996 Graduating Class, College of Business Administration, St.
John’s University (Staten Island Campus).
* Presidential Scholar, St. John’s University.
* Dean’s List, St. John’s University, 1992 to 1996 (every semester).
* Beta Alpha Psi National.
* Beta Gamma Sigma National.
* Golden Key National.
* Omicron Delta Epsilon.
I have also contributed time with the Richmond County Bar Association:
* Member on the board of directors of the Richmond County Bar Association (6 years from 2007 through 2013).
* Past Co-Chair of the Tax Section of the Richmond County Bar Association.
I am also a Past President of the Independent Accountants Association of Staten Island.
I have also volunteered my time in tax activities in conjunction with the Internal Revenue Service (both as an attorney/CPA and also before as a student):
* Volunteer Lecturer to Individual Taxpayers in Various Small Business
Tax Workshops Partnered by the IRS with Local Organizations in
Brooklyn & Staten Island, 2009 and 2010.
* Student Extern, Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service,
Office of the Chief Counsel: Manhattan District, January 1999 to April
* IRS VITA - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, Volunteer
Tax Assistant, 1994, 1995, 1996 & 1997 (Trained and Certified by
the Internal Revenue Service).