"My law office is in your neighborhood- the Upper West Side of Manhattan, Morningside Heights, Manhattan Valley and Harlem, since 1993".
I have had my own law office for twenty years. As a result of having a neighborhood office on the Upper West Side of Manhattan(www.upperwestsidelawyer.com), I have developed a wide-ranging civil practice, responding to the varied needs of local residents and businesses, as well as those in Harlem, Manhattan Valley, Morningside Heights, Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, and elsewhere in New York State. For my Hispanic clients, I offer that they view my website, www.abogadoenaltomanhattan.com.
Matrimonial and family law-
• I handle both contested and uncontested divorces, and prosecute and defend motions for pendente lite monetary relief and exclusive occupancy of the marital residence, stays of proceedings, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, qualified domestic relations orders(QDRO’s), post-judgment proceedings, enforcement and challenge of both domestic and foreign divorce judgments, and contempt proceedings.
• I routinely prepare separation and settlement agreements, either as the last stage of a divorce action, or as a way to spare clients the expense of protracted legal proceedings.
• I frequently represent parties within the Family and Supreme Courts(including the Appellate Division) of New York City, and elsewhere in New York State, in connection with their petitions to return children to the United States from foreign countries, to obtain child and/or spousal support, custody, visitation, relocation to other jurisdictions, grandparent visitation rights, orders of protection, termination of support, as well as neglect and abuse proceedings.
• I also represent parties in the creation and enforcement of domestic partnership and property agreements.
Landlord and tenant law-
• I represent parties in the Civil Court(Housing Court), Supreme Court, the N.Y. State Department of Community Renewal(DHCR) and the NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development(HPD) in all types of residential and commercial actions and/or proceedings, including non-payment and holdovers, as well as the prosecution and defense of repairs, motions, rent abatements, petitions for administrative review(Pars) and appeals, in matters pertaining to residences covered by rent control and rent stabilization, N.Y.C.H.A., section 8 housing and housing fund development companies(HDFC’s).
• I have handled many types of holdover matters to trial, including succession rights, non-primary residence, nuisance, rent overcharges and pets.
• I represent both cooperative tenants and condominium unit owners, as well as cooperative corporations and condominium associations.
• I also assist landlords in the preparation and filing of building and apartment registrations required by DHCR regulations.
Wills, probate and estate administration-
• I prepare and supervise the execution of simple wills, as well as more sophisticated wills incorporating trusts and tax benefits.
• I have represented numerous executors and administrators, as well as contestants/objectants in a variety of contested and uncontested administration, probate and other proceedings in the Surrogate Court, including claims against the estate, and accounting disputes. I have also been appointed as a guardian ad litem by the Surrogates of New York and Bronx County, in connection with a number of probate and other proceedings.
Residential and commercial real estate law-
• I represent individuals and families, estate administrators/executors, as well as businesses, in the purchase and sale of residential properties, including private homes, cooperative apartments and condominium units.
• I represent business and building owners in the negotiation and preparation of commercial leases, and as part of the sale or purchase of businesses, where a significant asset is an existing commercial lease.
• I represent parties engaged in ownership disputes, foreclosures, breach of lease issues, the refinancing and satisfaction of mortgages, inter-family transfers and registration issues governing residential buildings and commercial properties within the City and State of New York.
Commercial/business law and litigation-
• I have represented numerous individuals and business in the purchase and sale of small businesses(under $250k), as well as a broad spectrum of claims, lawsuits and arbitrations, including those based upon breach of contract for non-payment of services or goods, employment contracts, the defense of wage(overtime)/hour claims, the entry of foreign judgments, banking improprieties and the defense of business owners in personal injury actions.
• I have organized and been the chairperson of two continuing legal education programs(CLE) conducted at the New York County Lawyer’s Association on the ‘nuts and bolts’ of the purchase and sale of small privately-held businesses.
Personal injury and medical malpractice-
• Since 1982, I have been involved in the prosecution and trial of negligence claims and lawsuits for serious injuries resulting from automobile and truck accidents, sidewalk and roadway falls, accidents occurring in the home or at work, and from the use of products.
• I have investigated, prosecuted and tried medical malpractice matters to a jury verdict.
It is my hope that I can offer you, your family, friends, business, or colleagues assistance in these practice areas, and look forward to such an opportunity and meeting you.
Languages spoken: Spanish
Hourly ($240-350/hour), Fixed (sometimes)
Are you an attorney? Endorse this lawyer
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Certificate of Appreciation||New York State Trial Lawyers Association||2002|
|Certificate of Appreciation for 9/11 service||Association of Trial Lawyers of America||2002|
|Pro Bono Award||New York County Lawyers' Association||1996|
|Certificate of Appreciation for pro bono service||New York County Lawyers' Association||1994|
|Proprietor/owner||Law Office of Gerry Wendrovsky, Esq.||1993 - Present|
|Managing attorney||Adler & Gross, P.C., New York, N.Y.||1991 - 1992|
|Managing attorney||law office of Gregory Peck, Esq.||1990 - 1991|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|New York County Lawyers' Association||N/A||1993 - Present|
|New York State Bar Association||N/A||1990 - Present|
|New York County Lawyers' Association, Matrimonial Law Section||N/A||N/A|
|New York State Trial Lawyers Association||N/A||N/A|
|New York City Bar Association Legal Referral Panel||member, matrimonial/family law, estate/wills, landlord/tenant||N/A|
|Montalvo v. Reservoir Hacking Corp., 283 A.D.2d 281(1st Dept., 2001)||N/A|
|Matter of Miller, 632 N.Y.S. 2d 817(2nd Dept.,1995)||motion on an appeal to strike reply brief granted|
|Keenan v. Harbor View Health & Beauty Spa, Inc., 205 A.D. 2d 589(2nd Dept.,1994)||N/A|
|See all legal cases|
|New York Law School||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1988|
|State University of New York||N/A||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1978|
|NYCLA seminars- "Buying and Selling A Small Business"||Buying and Selling of Clients' Small Businesses||2004|
|NYCLA seminars- "Buying and Selling A Small Business"||Buying and Selling of Clients' Small Businesses||2002|