Skip to main content
Marc Damien Sean Taylor

Marc Taylor’s Answers

1,285 total

  • How much is a consultation?

    My case got denied and I need help. It was a work permit. I have 30 days to send a I-290B

    Marc’s Answer

    I agree with my colleague that you could probably get the initial consultation free.

    You can also do a search on this website or at

    See question 
  • Why NVC said I used an outdated form of Affidavit of Support I-864, I completed the 03/22/2013 edition which they said.

    My wife is on F2A category,her PD is August 30,2011. I'm a green card holder and I have filed the I-130 for my wife outside of US. Her PD is already current since July 2013.I sent Affidavit of Support I-864 but they sent me an e-mail saying I us...

    Marc’s Answer

    The March 22, 2013 version is the most recent one, so if that is the one you used you did not use an outdated form. Double check your copy to make sure.

    Also, you can try calling or emailing the NVC to review the petition you filed. Or you can just resend another another I-864.

    See question 
  • Possible interfering of F4 application with OPT

    I believe it's a tough sister filed a F4 application for me in 2008, in 2010 I got a NVC number, realizing it would be a long waiting period. In same 2010, I got accepted to the US University and obtained F-1, although initially it was d...

    Marc’s Answer

    It should not affect your ability to obtain the OPT. You can also speak to your DSO as they may have dealt with the same issue before.

    Yes, your sister can withdraw her petition, if you wish.

    See question 
  • Specialty Occupation Position for H1b, how to prove?

    I have received RFE on my H1b application, and is asked to prove why this position is specialty position? My employer has filed LCA for Data Warehouse Analyst position, and I posses a 4years US equivalent advance degree course in computer science....

    Marc’s Answer

    Your employer should hire an attorney to respond to the RFE to ensure that the requirements are clearly met.

    This is not the forum to determine if the evidence you are submitting is sufficient. Only a careful review and analysis by an attorney can help.

    See question 
  • How to effectively file for Expediton of I-130 ; minor child of U.S. citizen

    Dear Sir / Madam , I cannot afford a lawyer. Wife and I Adopted a 5 year old Philipino girl. Wife presently residing with child away from home for 2 years to fulfill all immigration requirements. About to file I-130 . Please instruct how to ef...

    Marc’s Answer

    USCIS reviews all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis. The burden is on you to demonstrate that one or more of the following criteria have been met:
    1. Severe financial loss.
    2. Extreme emergent situation.
    3. Humanitarian situation.

    There are many organizations that provide free immigration legal services. This is the link for the Department of Justice listing -

    Good luck.

    See question 
  • Are there any predictions or idea of F2A category remaining at SEP 8, 2013 for India, in Dec 2013 or moving forward or backward?

    Are there any directions given by USCIS about the priority dates moving forward or backward or staying as is, for the F2A category in the month of december? Thank you very much to all the experts.

    Marc’s Answer

    Unfortunately, there are always rumors on the Visa Bulletin and if it will retrogress or not.

    Only thing you can do is wait for the December bulletin to be released (around November 10 or so).

    See question 
  • How much time does it take to process affidavit of support (approved i-130 for spouse residing outside US)?

    i have payed the affidavit of support fee online , as soon as the fee gets cleared can i send out the affidavit of support form or should i wait for any instructions from NVC? Also i was wondering how much time does NVC take to process AOS an...

    Marc’s Answer

    If you already paid the fees to NVC, then you should have received the instructions.

    Look at the notice that you received. There is a website link that you are instructed to review to determine what documents you need to send. Your spouse must also complete the DS-260 online.

    You should start gathering ALL the required documents and send them at the same time. Do not send them one at a time. This will only delay your case.

    Usually within 1-3 months if you have provided all the required supporting documents, you will either get the interview date or an email stating that the pre-processing has been completed (they are waiting for an interview). Remember, some consulates are busier than others and it will take some time to get the interview date.

    If you are still unsure how to proceed, the best thing you can do is to hire an attorney, whether myself or a colleague, to ensure that this is handled correctly.

    See question 
  • How can I get an employment authorization document?

    Nationality: Syrian - no other nationalities. D.O.B: 1990 Residency: I have always lived in Syria but for the last year, I lived in the UK where I completed my postgraduate studies. UK visa type in non-immigrant student visa - it...

    Marc’s Answer

    You cannot work in the US if you are on a tourist visa.

    There are visas which do allow you to work in the US, for example, an H-1B Visa, but they require that you have a sponsor/employer.

    See question 
  • Can nay of you tell me where I can find the Morton Memorandum from 2 years ago?

    This document discusses issues surrounding illegal immigrants having been hurt on the job

    Marc’s Answer

    • Selected as best answer

    If you do a Google search for Morton Memorandum you will be able to obtain a copy.

    See question 
  • I have had an approved I-140 petition and my priority date is nov2006. But I overstayed for 10 years. Should I file I-485 now?

    My attorney file I485 hence after they realese a grant, dec 2007. But then they retuned the application due to reason of NO CHECK attached in the mailed application . And then I've waited for my Priority Date as my attorney told. But he filed to e...

    Marc’s Answer

    You should not file any documents until you consult with another attorney.

    Furthermore, this is not the forum for you to receive legal advice. As my colleague stated your case is not a simple one and there appears to be many complications. You will only create more problems if you simply file on your own without an attorney representing you.

    You can find an attorney on this site or at

    See question