✔Employment & Business Counseling✔Contract Reviews and Preparation ✔Litigation
During the course of my career, which includes co-founding and serving as Managing Partner of Shankar Ninan & Co. as well as serving as an attorney with several major law firms, I've demonstrated a talent for structuring legal operations to align with corporate objectives, solving complex employment and labor law challenges, and introducing custom solutions which turn adversity into opportunity. I'm a trusted partner to senior leadership and key stakeholders, and bring a common sense approach that yields sustainable results.
· General Counsel and results-driven litigator providing personalized, strategic advocacy for clients. Able to provide reasoned guidance to consistently resolve disputes favorably.
· Proven track record of success as outside General Counsel to early-stage and high-growth companies spanning Consumer Goods, Food & Beverage, eCommerce, Social Media Marketing, Staffing and other sectors. 360° leader in managing workplace policies and practices, managing employment litigation, and advising on reductions in force.
· Hands-on management experience in areas such as soft IP strategy and licensing, commercial transactions, corporate governance, employment and benefits matters, and compliance and ethics.
· Well-rounded litigation background for 2 large law firms: class actions, trademark disputes, shareholder disputes, breach of contract, premises liability, and medical malpractice.
· Selected as SuperLawyers® Rising Star for 4 consecutive years: 2016-2019. An honor bestowed upon less than 2.5% of attorneys under 40 each year.
· Selected by New Jersey Law Journal as "New Leader of the Bar", formerly known as the "40 under 40." One of 37 lawyers chosen from a pool of $20k+ practicing lawyers that were eligible for the award.
· Selected by Binghamton University as the sole recepient of the Lois B. DeFleur Distinguished Alumnus award.
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Lois B. DeFleur Distinguished Young Alumnus Award||Binghamton University Alumni Association||2019|
|Rising Star||Super Lawyers Magazine||2017|
|New Leaders of the Bar||New Jersey Law Journal||2017|
|Service Award||Camden County Bar Association||2014|
|Dean's List||Rutgers University||2011|
|Cum Laude||Binghamton University||2008|
|Managing Partner||Shankar Ninan & Co.||2015 - Present|
|Associate||Gordon & Rees||2015 - 2015|
|Associate||Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicker, LLP||2014 - 2015|
|Associate||McAloon & Freidman, PC||2012 - 2014|
|Judicial Law Clerk to the Hon Stephen M. Holden, PhD, JSC||Superior Court Of New Jersey||2011 - 2012|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Forbes New York Business Council||Official Member||2017 - Present|
|South Asian Bar Association of New York||Member||2016 - Present|
|New Jersey State Bar Association||Member||2011 - Present|
|Camden County Bar Association||Member||2011 - 2015|
|Ebenezer Mar Thoma Church||Secretary||2002 - 2008|
|Forbes||Should You Form An LLC Or A S-Corp, And What's the Difference?||2018|
|Forbes||An Employer's Guide To Worksite Investigations and I-9 Audits||2018|
|Forbes||Why Employers May Want to Identify Candidates Now to Beat The H-1B Lottery Cap||2018|
|Forbes||Ready to Sign A Commercial Lease? Here Are Five Things to Consider||2018|
|Forbes||Does Your Startup Need a Lawyer Yet? Three Things to Consider||2017|
|Journal of Surgical Research||DISSECTING MALPRACTICE IN PANCREATICODUODENECTOMY CASES||2016|
|Journal of Surgical Research||Seema P. Anandalwar, Ravi J. Chokshi Chirag G. Gordhan, Gigio K. Ninan & Julie Son, Malpractice in Colorectal Surgery: A Review of 122 Medicolegal Cases||2015|
|Rutgers University School of Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2011|
|State University of New York, Binghamton||BA - Bachelor of Arts||2008|
|Professional Responsibility Seminar||Principles of Professionalism Program—Creating a Professional Identity||2018|
|Binghamton University Harpur College||The Importance of Relationship Building to Attorney Success||2017|
|School of Management - Alumni Networking||What to Expect After Graduation||2016|
|North American Indian - NRI Vasavi Association Tele-Conference||Gigio K. Ninan & Bradley S. Cohen, Seminar on Estate Planning and Tax||2015|
|Fall Conference||Candid Advice from Practicing Lawyers||2015|
|NATS: New Jersey Immigration and Financial Planning Seminar||Planning for Your Future: The Importance of Wills, Durable Powers of Attorneys and Health Care Directives||2015|
|Wilson v. County of Westchester et al.||Unanimous Defense Verdict|
Posted by Ankur
Wed Oct 19 2016
Posted by Nay
Sat Nov 10 2018
Posted by Nandita
Mon May 25 2020
Posted by Dr. John
Mon Mar 09 2020
Posted by Lisa
Thu Nov 14 2019
Posted by anonymous
Fri Oct 04 2019
Posted by anonymous
Mon Sep 16 2019
Posted by anonymous
Mon Aug 26 2019
Posted by Ahmed
Tue Jul 16 2019
Posted by Mithun
Tue Jun 25 2019