Skip to main content
Joanna M. Perilli

Joanna Perilli’s Answers

1 total

  • Dwi out of state

    I got suspened in Ny for six months why did jersey susoend me for ten?Is thete a way to reduce the suspension?

    Joanna’s Answer

    The Divers License Compact is used by States of the United States to exchange information concerning license suspensions and traffic violations of non-residents and forward them to the state where they are licensed. NY and NJ are both part of this which is why the NY guilty plea caught up with you in NJ.

    I am assuming you have a NJ license and plead guilty to a DWI related offense in NY. There may definitely be some things to do to help reduce the suspension in New Jersey; however, without knowing more details of your situation it is difficult to give you an accurate answer. I am a licensed attorney in New York and New Jersey so please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this in more detail. Thanks and good luck.

    See question