Mr. Cohen heads the Personal Injury Department of the firm. His practice concentration for the past 30+ years has been civil trials, personal injury, maritime, product liability, professional negligence, and construction trial practice. Mr. Cohen is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney, which is the highest specialty certification available to NJ Personal Injury Lawyers.
Named in the New Jersey issue of "Super Lawyers" in the area of personal injury for four consecutive years (2007-2010), Mr. Cohen has been an arbitrator in Atlantic and Cape May counties for over 15 years. For the past four years, he has served as a mentor for the Vincent S. Hahneman Inns of Court and is active in numerous community and regional associations.
- Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney, 2001 to present
- New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association, 1990 - present, member of Board of Trustees, 1995 to present
- Rutgers University, B.A., 1974, summa cum laude; Catholic University of America-Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1979, Law Review; Member of the New Jersey Bar, 1979; United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1979; Supreme Court of the United States, 1985
- Cooper Perskie April Niedelman Wagenheim and Levenson P.C., 1979 - 1998/Member of firm, 1983 -1998; Co-founding Member of Petro Cohen P.C., 1998 to present
- New Jersey American Association of Justice (formerly known as New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association), State Board of Trustees, Member 1995 to present; Atlantic County Bar Association Judicial Appointments Committee, Member, 2008-2010; Atlantic County and Cape May County Civil Trial Arbitrator, 1995 to present; Vincent A. Hahneman, Atlantic Chapter Inns of Court, Master, 1997 to present; New Jersey Defense Association Southern New Jersey Region, , Vice President, 1988-1990; Appointed by Governor Whitman as member of New Jersey-Israel Trade Commission, 1996; New Jersey Trial Association Annual Boardwalk Seminar - Lecturer, 1998
- National Jewish Community Relations Advisory Council National Board, 1989-2000/National Co-chair, Women's Task Force, 1989-1990/National Co-chair, Immigration Task Force, 1990-1991/National Co-chair, Committee on Energy and the Environment, 1993-1996/National Co-chair, NJCRAC Joint Program Plan, 1998/National Conference of Christian and Jews Program Advisory Board, 1989-1994
- Atlantic Capes Fisheries, Inc., General Counsel, 2010 to present; Richard Stockton College Human Relations Coalition, Founding Member, 1992-2003; Jewish Community Relations Council, Chairman, 1985-2000; Jewish Federation of Atlantic/Cape May Counties, Vice President, 1992-1996/Chair of Long Range Planning 1992-1994; Congregation Beth Judah, Vice President, 1995-2001/President, 2001-2003/Chairman of Board of Trustees, 2003- 2005; Young Judaea, National Executive Board Member, Chug Chalutzi, 1969-1970; Hamagshimim (first Jewish American college age general Zionist movement), National Vice President and Co-founding Member, 1970-1973
- Founding member of (NJPIRG) New Jersey Public Interest Research Group, 1997
- Recipient of numerous Service Awards, including Outstanding Service to Community and Bar - Atlantic County Bar Association, 1989; Young Leadership Award - Federation of Jewish Agencies of Atlantic County, 1989; Humanitarian Award for Outstanding Community Service - National Conference of Christians and Jews, 1992; Volunteer of the Year Award - Volunteer Center of Atlantic County, 1994
For more information on personal injury or to set up a free consultation in Central and Southern New Jersey, contact Mr. Cohen at 888-675-7607.