Mr. Cohen was a founding partner and currently is Of Counsel. For more than 35 years, his practice was civil litigation, focusing on personal injury, maritime, product liability, professional negligence, and construction accident claims. Mr. Cohen is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney (2001 to present), which is the highest specialty certification available to NJ civil trial attorneys.
Mr. Cohen has been recognized for his outstanding legal work as well as his service to the community.
- Named to the NJ Super Lawyers® list in the practice area of personal injury for 12 years
- Recipient of numerous service awards including Outstanding Service to the Community and Bar – Atlantic County Bar Association, Young Leadership Award – Federation of Jewish Agencies of Atlantic County, Humanitarian Award for Outstanding Community Service – National Conference of Christians and Jews, and Volunteer of the Year Award – Volunteer Center of Atlantic County
Mr. Cohen has been active in numerous organizations throughout his legal career.
- New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association, 1990 to present, member of Board of Trustees, 1995 to present
- New Jersey American Association of Justice (formerly known as New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association), State Board of Trustees, Member 1995 to present
- Atlantic County Bar Association Judicial Appointments Committee, Member, 2008-2010
- Atlantic County and Cape May County Civil Trial Arbitrator, 1995 to present
- Vincent S. Haneman America Inn of Court, Atlantic Chapter, Master, 1997 to present
- Appointed by Governor Whitman as member of New Jersey – Israel Trade Commission, 1996
- Board member of the National Jewish Community Relations Advisory Council, 1989-2000
- National Co-chair Women’s Task Force, 1989-1990
- New Jersey Trial Association Annual Boardwalk Seminar – Lecturer, 1998
- National Co-chair, Immigration Task Force, 1990-1991
- National Co-chair Committee on Energy and the Environment, 1993-1996
For more information on personal injury or to set up a free consultation in Central and Southern New Jersey, contact the Personal Injury Department at.