Skip to main content
Paula Kahn Almgren

Paula Almgren’s Answers

1 total

  • Can I get a package that deals with all of the concerns, Father is on SS, no assets, no savings,

    My Father has Alzheimer's and can not safely take care of himself I'm moving him in with me, my concerns are things like a will, making health and Medical decisions, power of attorney for financial issues, etc. etc.

    Paula’s Answer

    Your father will need the above listed estate planning documents but he will also want to understand all of his options regarding community based care. There are different rules for community based care vs. nursing home care. If your father is a veteran there are also home care benefits available from the Veteran's Administration.

    See question