Powered by Avvo.com

I c&r judge aprove settlement.: I have not received the check yet , I went to my Dr they said what I have is no cure, I'm very disappointed because the wc Dr's never told me that, my question is , the money I'm going to have is not going to cover medical expenses for the rest of my life ,is to late to do anything or can I request wc to review my case, my att said I have to open the case and see the wc Dr again, if you're condition never get better what you do .

Asked 2 months ago in Workers Compensation

Joseph’s answer: If you have an attorney, you should talk with your attorney about your case.

There are two types of settlements: Compromise and Release (C&R), and Stipulation for Award. In general, a C&R is a settlement that settles all benefit/issues in a Workers' Compensation Case, including, but not limited to, medical treatment, permanent disability, temporary disability and penalties, for a lump sum.

In general, a Stipulation for Award usually leaves open future medical treatment.

Answered 2 months ago.

What happens when the attorney deceives the workers compensation court? Saying that its done but it wasn't done.: Attorney told the court that he/she was issuing an agreement but it was never done. Can she/he be held for deceiving the court?

Asked about 1 year ago in Workers Compensation

Joseph’s answer: It’s never good to deceive the court. To determine whether some sort of misrepresentation occurred you should consult an attorney and explain the specific facts surrounding your allegation. An attorney will need more information than what is provided in your hypo.

Answered about 1 year ago.

How much should i expect for a plantar fasciitis injury (workers compensation)?: I have a work injury "plantar fasciitis" . I was told that plantar fasciitis is considered a minor injury . And that companies usually only settle for 10k. Is this true ? Should i settle before meeting the pqme ?

Asked about 1 year ago in Workers Compensation

Joseph’s answer: It’s not simple. You should immediately consult a Workers’ Compensation Attorney. A W/C attorney will be able to review your documents and give you an idea of how to approach your case. All Workers Compensation Attorneys should offer a free consultation.

Also, the QME is a critical part of every case.

Answered about 1 year ago.