Powered by Avvo.com

If i sign over my rights do i still need to pay child support?: Basically had a one night stand and she got pregnant

Asked 9 months ago in Child Support

Emily’s answer: No, not unless the child is adopted by someone else. You still will owe child support.

Answered 9 months ago.

How serious do judges consider the statutes for custody? Primarily the inconsistency/absence of one parent’s involvement? : High conflict case. Other parent is asking for 50/50 but has been very inconsistent with visitation. He would visit our son (8mths old) inconsistently for about 1-2hrs a week, currently it’s been 5 weeks since he has seen him, and I just noticed he filed for paternity. I’m strongly opposing his request as I don’t think it would be in the best interest of our son to be uprooted from his routine for a big change in his schedule and environment. Other parent has never demonstrated any real interest in our son’s health, or his needs (he’s just never asked), and has never helped financially. Parenting responsibilities are also handed to a 3rd party during his visit. What does a judge typically consider in a case like this? Would they consider a graduated or step-up plan instead of immediate 50/50?

Asked 9 months ago in Child Custody

Emily’s answer: The Court is required to evaluate the factors in the Florida Statutes to determine a timesharing schedule. Your concerns may be considered by a Judge, however you will have to prove this in Court. Often this ends up a a "he said, she said" situation which can be difficult. Good luck.

Answered 9 months ago.

My wife and myself got married, she disappeared. Now i want a divorce.: Easy enough , my wife and myself got married and things did not work out for us. She disappeared and never heard from her again. How do i go about getting a divorce if i have none of her information, no idea where she is or where shes staying , its been well over a year she split. Mind you we don't have any kids together either or any assets to fight for , i just want a quick and easy divorce so i can leave her in the past. What do i do?

Asked almost 4 years ago in Divorce

Emily’s answer: You will need to most likely hire a private investigator to perform a diligent search. If they can't find her, you will have to try service by publication. I recommend hiring an attorney to do everything correctly.

Answered almost 4 years ago.