Powered by Avvo.com

If my ex accuses me of violating the court order in our custody case, what do I do if I believe she's violated it? : So, my ex accuses me of violating the court order, which I haven't done. What do I do if I know she has violated the court order? Do I file any paper work before I go to court, or do I just try to bring evidence to court that she has violated?

Asked over 2 years ago in Child Custody

Brian’s answer: Any time a party violates a court order the other party should file a rule to show cause against them. A rule to show cause asks the court to hold the party violating the order in contempt. The penalty for contempt is up to one year in jail, a fine of $1,500 and/or up to 300 hours of community service or a combination of all three of the aforementioned penalties.

Answered over 2 years ago.

How do I get my stepdaughter back in mine and her dad's custody from the grandmother?: My husbands mother got temporary custody of his daughter in Colorado. Now we have moved back to sc and she has no income whatsoever we had to move in with her to pay her bills we pay everything she can't even buy a roll of toilet paper we need help to get her back

Asked about 3 years ago in Family

Brian’s answer: If the daughter lives in Colorado and there was a prior Colorado court order than the answer to your question most likely is to be found in Colorado through a Colorado attorney.

Answered about 3 years ago.

Can I still get custody of my 5 year old son if my mom was granted temporary custody 4 1/2 years ago.: My mother has had temporary custody of my son for 4 1/2 years and she's really sick now had to have open heart surgery isn't fit anymore. We never went back to court . Is it still temporary. Can I still get my custody back. I was 16 when I had my son and 21 now with a job a car and a house. Whole family is trying to fight me for him and I don't know what to do.

Asked over 3 years ago in Family

Brian’s answer: Yes. You can always regain custody as long as you parental rights have not been terminated.

Answered over 3 years ago.