Skip to main content
Daniel Wayne Ray

Daniel Ray’s Answers

1 total

  • My sister passed away this past may and the left 2 children she had a living will for me to keep the kids. the father refuses

    Daniel’s Answer

    It is unlikely a judge will allow you to take custody of the children, unless the father is in prison or has other serious problems that would prevent him from parenting the children. Unfortunately, he can also keep you from seeing the children if he remains their sole legal conservator. If the father does have serious problems, it is possible that the District Court Judge in your area might grant you some rights as a conservator if he or she believes it is in the childrens' best interest. You should speak to a family-law attorney about your specific situation before making a decision.