Skip to main content
Deborah L. Rysso

Deborah Rysso’s Answers

1 total

  • Can the state hold a secondary home for 5 years on the premise that the owner goes in a nursing home? Can it be warded to son?ARCHIVED

    Deborah’s Answer

    I am wondering if the parent is in a state other than Michigan. Your facts do not quite add up under Michigan's Medicaid program, as the other lawyers have indicated. I agree that you should consult with an elder law attorney, especially because a misunderstanding of the Medicaid rules can result in huge nursing home bills that far, far exceed the cost of a lawyer.