Skip to main content
Mary Beth Mock

Mary Mock’s Answers

1 total

  • My son & girlfriend had a baby. Mom was addicted to heroin.The state is taking the baby from mother. Custody to me and husband?

    Mary’s Answer

    While I agree that both adoption and guardianship are possibilities, I would also point out that if there is an open CHINS case, you must give the Department of Child Services notice of your actions. It will be helpful to you if DCS supports your position and not helpful if they do not. You need to consult an attorney and provide all the facts to that person who may then counsel you as to the correct route to take.

    See question