Skip to main content
Jason Alan Shartzer

Jason Shartzer’s Answers

16 total

  • Who pays the medical bills if you get hit by a truck while crossing the road?

    Jason’s Answer

    More information would be needed to give a complete answer. If the semi is at fault then his/her insurance would ultimately be responsible. However, even if the semi is at fault, it is unlikely that the semi’s insurance would pay the bills as they are incurred. They generally hold all of the money until there is a settlement.

    In the short term, health insurance should cover the medical bills. If there is medical payments coverage on auto policy that covers your child, then you should be able to access that money up to the limits of the coverage.

  • I live in Louisiana but was injured in Indiana and not sure what to do ?

    Jason’s Answer

    I am sorry that happened to you. You should contact an Indiana injury attorney to discuss the specifics of your claim. There may be time sensitive issues if a governmental entity was responsible for the man hole cover.

  • I was an car accident and I was the passenger, but they didn't call the police but he gave us his insurance card?

    Jason’s Answer

    It is not a requirement that a police report be prepared in order to make a claim. If you are injured, you should still be able to make a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company for your damages.

  • How much settlement will I recieve

    Jason’s Answer

    Based upon the information you provided, one of the main factors in determining the value of your recovery may be how much insurance coverage is available from the at-fault driver and possibly your own underinsured coverage. You may want to consult with an attorney to more fully discuss the specifics of your situation.

  • Can i sue the vape shop don't know if I have a case or not i have pictures of my leg after the surgery ARCHIVED

    Jason’s Answer

    I am sorry that happened to you. You may have a potential claim against the vape shop and/or the manufacturer of the battery that caught fire. You should consult with an attorney about the specifics of your situation. Most personal injury attorneys offer a free initial consultation.

  • Severe pain after an automobile accidentARCHIVED

    Jason’s Answer

    In Indiana you have up to two years to bring a claim against the at fault driver's insurance company but if you are still experiencing pain at this point you may want to consult an attorney about the specifics of your situation. Most injury attorneys offer free consultations and would be more than willing to take the time to speak with you about your case and your options.

  • I drive for UBER and was rear ended,.I can not use a rental car for uber so can I sue the person for lost wages

    Jason’s Answer

    • Selected as best answer

    You are entitled to recover lost wages from the at fault driver's insurance. You will need documentation to prove and quantify your lost wages that you are claiming.

  • Can I sue and receive compensation for medical, pain, suffering and loss of wages for minor twins; and payoff for totaled car?ARCHIVED

    Jason’s Answer

    If your daughters were injured and not at fault, they are legally entitled to reimbursement of their medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. The at fault insurance company will not usually pay for medical bills as they are incurred. They usually withhold payment until the case settles or they are forced to pay. You may have medical reimbursement coverage under your own auto policy.

  • Can I get top rate pro Bono representation for being stabbed in the foot by a rusty bolt sticking out of side?ARCHIVED

    Jason’s Answer

    Most personal injury attorneys have a free initial consultation and work on a contingency basis, so you would not have to pay a fee until and if there is a recovery. You may want to speak to an injury attorney about the specifics of your situation. AVVO has a good lawyer locater feature on the website.

  • I slipped on ice at a persons house and broke my ankle, in 3 places had to have surgery.ARCHIVED

    Jason’s Answer

    If the homeowner was negligent then you should be able to pursue a claim with their insurance carrier. Many homeowner policies also have a medical payments provision that you may also be able to access regardless of fault. You should probably contact an attorney to discuss the specifics of your situation.