I Agree with my fellow attorneys. Collect your file from the court and immediately seek a consultation from a Family Law Attorney. I can not speculate as to why the court vacated your judgment without reviewing the paperwork, but it sounds as if you have a second chance to obtain the alimony and custody you are Legally entitled to . As my colleague mentioned above, California FAMILY.CODE SECTION 2030-2034, provides for attorneys fees to be awarded in situations where there is a large disparity in income between the parties. Given the situation you described it is likely the court will order your former spouse to pay at least a portion of your attorney's fees. In any event it would not hurt to obtain a free consultation or second opinion from an attorney in your area to advise you on your case.