Can I ask the court to reconsider my sanctions, reduce the amount, or waive the fines due to my disability and inability to make payments? The car was a gift, my boyfriend makes sure the car is always full of gas and my computer was a christmas present. I don’t have any bills. My necessities are provided, that isn’t considered an income. The courts declared me to be disabled.