No photo
Posted over 3 years ago.

Thank you for your comment. Was it my employer's responsibility to notify their insurance company and submit a claim regardless, since I was still on the clock when the incident occured?

Michael Lebovitz
Michael Lebovitz, Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Arlington Heights, IL
Posted over 3 years ago.

Not if your Employer believed your condition was not work related. You can find out who your employer's work comp carrier is by contacting the IL Workers Compensation Commission website or call (312) 814-6500 and ask for the Insurance Department. Once you have this information you can call the Insurance company directly and tell them what happened to you while you were at work. They will investigate your claim and let you know if they believe it was work related. In any case, you can file a claim, pro se, with the Commission and request a hearing if you cannot find a lawyer to represent you. Good luck.