No photo
Posted almost 4 years ago.

I can look online at public records and it has a docket number with the words, "Complaint for probate of will". I'm not sure which type that would be. Now my question is what happens if my sister didn't put me down as next of kin on the probate papers? I read that she has to show proof of mailing for next of kin and since she didn't mail the papers, I think she might have just left my name entirely off of the probate papers. I'm entitled to 1/3 of the estate, will I have to get a lawyer in order to get my share if my name was left off the probate papers?

Thomas Devlin Begley III
Thomas Devlin Begley III, Probate Attorney - Mount Laurel, NJ
Posted almost 4 years ago.

If your sister doesn't put down the proper notice, you can get any relief set aside. The better course of action is to hire an attorney to protect your interests. Good luck.