No photo
Posted almost 4 years ago.

Let's say I want a divorce during active duty, will it be possible if I am in AIT or deployed overseas?

Stephen P. Kelly
Stephen P. Kelly, Criminal Defense Attorney - Worcester, MA
Posted almost 4 years ago.

Is it possible, yes. Is it easy, no. You will only be able to obtain a divorce in a state that has jurisdiction. You can hire an attorney in that jurisdiction to represent you, but in some cases you may still have to personally appear. If there are children or significant property holdings then it becomes more difficult. When one party to the divorce is out of state then there are jurisdictional issues. You should consult with a divorce attorney in your jurisdiction before you leave.