No photo
Posted about 4 years ago.

I do not have a job, or any source of income. Will a "Public Defender" be able to help me? I don't wish to waste my time, though I will fight it if I can. Am I allowed a trial by Jury in Tennessee for such a case? Do court costs and fines go up generally if it were to go to court and I lose?

Eric M. Larsen
Eric M. Larsen, Criminal Defense Attorney - Franklin, TN
Posted about 4 years ago.

If you are indigent and unable to hire a lawyer, the court will appoint one for you. It will either be a public defender or a private lawyer that takes court appointed cases. Yes, you are entitled to a jury trial. If you lose, you will have to pay court costs. Feel free to contact my office if you want to talk about your case.