No photo
Posted about 4 years ago.

I have called the police and they said because the girl I had an issue with at that time was only 13 there was nothing they could do besides give me an incident number and talk to the girl. Their mom is never home because she is an in home care taker/nurse and their step dad has no control over them. The girls are in high school and my daughter is in elementary school but they are in the same school district. I have also talked to the manager about this and she is contacting her lawyer to see if there is anything she can do. Is there anything else I can do to make this stop?

Michael L Rich
Michael L Rich, Child Abuse Lawyer - Waltham, MA
Posted about 4 years ago.

Get the incident number and have the police officer talk to her. If there have been other incidents, especially with the older girls (apparently) report them to the police too. Two California attorneys (one in San Diego and one in Sacramento) agreed with my answer. You could contact one of them to see if there is more that can be done. In Massachusetts we have a procedure by which citizens can apply for a hearing in the juvenile court to ask for a delinquency petition to issue against a child who has committed a crime against us. Find out if CA has a similar procedure or some other way besides calling the police to bring delinquent behavior to the attention of the court and thereby have the parent see that it is a serious matter.