No photo
Posted over 3 years ago.

Thank you for answering my questions. I did just call my insurance, who seriously have done nothing. They will take a statement from my daughter when she gets out of school. Its really too bad the Police Department will not come out for non-injury accidents. A police report would have been a nice thing to have.

Robert Bruce Kopelson
Robert Bruce Kopelson, Personal Injury Lawyer - San Jose, CA
Posted over 3 years ago.

Your story is all too common in my experience. The police don't come, and the deft admits fault, but there are no witnesses or independent witnesses. Then the deft changes his/her story later. I always suggest that people get a police report, or if the police refuse to come out, pull out a paper and pen and have the person write down that the accident was his/her fault for rearending you. If no paper, then pull out your cell and have the person call you and leave a voicemail message admitting what they did. I agree with Mr. Faulkner below. If you don't have collision coverage, sue the deft in small claims court and take a shot there for your car damage.