No photo
Posted almost 4 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response. I cannot afford an attorney yet because my seasonal job starts back up next month. She told me today that social services is requesting a copy of our custody order, which they received multiple times already. When we first split up, I went on assistance temporarily so that I could find a job which would allow maximum time with my son, which I did, & I have nothing to do with social services now (my son is on the family health insurance plan through my wife's job). They claimed, at the time, that they never dealt with a joint physical custody/physical placement scenario & thus their system wasn't set up for it. They were giving me cash & they gave her food stamps. Now I receive nothing from them (which is good) & she gets food stamps for our son.

Larry David Stassin
Larry David Stassin, Child Custody Lawyer - Dyer, IN
Posted almost 4 years ago.

I can't believe they said they have never dealt with that scenario. Just be sure that the custody order shows joint legal and physical custody. if it states that due to the amount of time you have your son, there is no support changing hands, you should be ok. Good luck!