No photo
Posted over 4 years ago.

Hi, I'm a little confused. I called the court today and asked them for an appointment to see the judge, however, the person who answered said that I don't have to show up to court because I'm no longer a minor. She said that I have to pay the fine and the warrant would be taken off, but that the theft charge would stay. Is there any way I can still ask for a court date and attempt to get the theft charges dismissed after these 8 years of not showing up to court?

Katherine Ellen Bihm
Katherine Ellen Bihm, Criminal Defense Attorney - Conroe, TX
Posted over 4 years ago.

Yes, there is. You can post a bond (or, if you hire an attorney your attorney can post what Ms. Jagger described as an attorney bond) in order to have your case taken out of warrant status and placed back on docket. I agree that you were a minor when this happened, but your record as a minor isn't automatically wiped clean on your 18th birthday. Consult with an attorney. Many "ticket attorneys" charge very reasonable fees, and you might be surprised how painless they can make this process for you.