Gary L. Schlesinger
Gary L. Schlesinger, Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Libertyville, IL
Posted over 4 years ago.

no. she could file h or h if she and spouse were not living together for last six months of the year and the child resided with her. see paragraph 173 of the master tax guide.

Dana Whitney Atchley
Dana Whitney Atchley, Tax Lawyer - New York, NY
Posted over 4 years ago.

You're correct; I had overlooked that exception.