No photo
Posted over 4 years ago.

We both own our home and our children are 4 and 1 and a half. He of course pays more financially because he makes more, but I am the prinary care provider in our house. My children respond best to me. Would he most likely have to move and pay child suport. I couldn't pay for the house on my own. Any input?

Jean M. Mahserjian
Jean M. Mahserjian, Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Clifton Park, NY
Posted over 4 years ago.

If you become the primary custodial parent, the options are that he will move and you will remain in the house with the children or that the house will be sold and you will find another place to live. Child support is based on income. You can speak with a local attorney to discuss how it is calculated.