Stefanie Marie Herrington
Stefanie Marie Herrington, Estate Planning Attorney - Carpinteria, CA
Posted over 4 years ago.

Each county can have particular recording requirements so it's often a good idea to call the recorder's office and ask whether there are additional forms that should accompany your deeds and confirm the recording fees.

Marty Burbank
Marty Burbank, Trusts Attorney - Fullerton, CA
Posted over 4 years ago.

In addition to the transfer deed you will want to file a preliminary change of ownership report. All of these forms can be found on the internet. I believe first american title has the on their web site but also county accessors office will have the preliminary change of ownership forms. You can also pick them up at your country recorder. That said, you should talk to an attorney, because there are other important issues that may need to be addressed after the death of a spouse.