If the other company has been using MYDOMAIN for a number of years, it is possible the USPTO could allow the mark to be registered. Again, contact an attorney to fully check out the other company's claims.
Hello Jon, thanks for your input! The domain I mentioned in my answer isn't the actual domain but something along those lines, as part of the rules of the site, I tried to make the answer blind so that no personal information was shared. I don't mind sharing more information if your interested to learn more though.
Feel free to contact me with more details. There is no charge for initial consultation.
Hello, I wanted to follow up with everyone here on the site to let them know what has happened since the last time I received everyone's great advice. Again, I want to reiterate my appreciation for everyone's advice, this site is great and I recommend it anyone in need of its service.
Since last speaking on this site, the opposing counsel offered a settlement of 'X' amount of dollars to which I declined and counter offered. The opposing counsel then made another offer which was double the amount but still way too little in comparison. The first offer was $50, the second being $100. I again said no and further stated that I would not take less than my previous counter offer.
Since the last email I sent stating the above, which was January 25th, I have not heard back from them. Its been nearly a month now and no answer has been sent, no offer been sent, nothing. No letters have come in the mail from any establishment and no case, as far as I can tell, has been filed.
Is it safe to assume (even though I hate assuming anything) they've walked away? Could the attorney be awaiting approval on the amount to be settled? Or perhaps its not worth them fighting over? I would imagine if they were going to sue, I would have received something by now?