No photo
Posted over 4 years ago.

wouldn't the need for a default prove up (i have gotten or am in the process of getting defaults entered against all parties. see comment above) go away if we enter into a settlement. it would just be a simple transfer of title.

Michael Raymond Daymude
Michael Raymond Daymude, Real Estate Attorney - Sherman Oaks, CA
Posted over 4 years ago.

No. You need to read my answer and blog post. Again, I suggest you consult counsel. You will need a hearing in open court to prove your claim if you want it to be binding on anyone other than the settling defendants. It is not surprising those defendants want to settle – they claim no interest in the property!