Also, as long as you have no criminal record or immigration issues, have your USc husband file that I-130 NOW! You can do it as an initial step toward your green card down the road (whether you try the 601A or if something like the old 245(i) amnesty rule comes back). But more importanly, an approved I-130 establishes your marrital status within the immigration system for whatever happens down the road either to you (i.e. picked up by ICE) or generally (i.e. immigration reform): that receipt date on an approved I-130 (Petition of Alien Spouse) is gold once you get it. Give our office a call for a free consultation. (610)737-7761.