No photo
Posted over 4 years ago.

I called my insurance company immediately. They're waiting for her to call them because I recently switched from progressive to geico. I looked on the DMV website and it said a report didn't need to be filed if the damage was under $1500;I'm not sure of the truth to that. Since she hasn't contacted my insurance, I don't know what was done. I feel like something is wrong with the situation and I don't want to be sued or framed for a hit and run.

Stephen Laurence Hoffman
Stephen Laurence Hoffman, Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Chicago, IL
Posted over 4 years ago.

I meant file a police report with the city or municipality. You probably don't need to file one with IDOT, but the desk sergeant should be able to instruct. Good luck.