Your friend must show that s/he has continously resided in US since June 15, 2007. Birth certificates of children born in the US to the applicant can be used to establish continuous physical presence over the 5-year period. However, 4 1/2 years will not be enough. Using other documents, like bank records, tax records, school ID etc will better. Consult with an immigration attorney.

Dahlia Radcliffe-Castillo, Esq.
Dahlia R. Castillo Law Firm
Virtual Immigration Attorney
888-638-5167 (phone)
888-638-6739 (fax)