Thank you very much for your reply. The agreement to purchase paperwork says "Snohomish County PUD" with the PUD logo at the top and Public Utility District No. 1 of Snohomish County at the signature line which is signed by a real estate agent. Can they start the process of "taking" my property without notification of some kind? Neither my husband nor I have been served with any papers. I feel like I need to react to the marking of my property and the two business cards left at my door from a surveying company (seperate entity) but not sure what I should do in my best interest. Technically, the process hasn't started as I see it.