No photo
Posted over 4 years ago.

i pay my rent on time every month i have not destroyed nothing in the house he says himself im a excellent tenent but he wants me to leave so he can move his mother in which the real reason is he doesnt wannna pay the money to fix up what section 8 tells him to im looking for an apartment but i havent found one yet so what is my rights

Jeffrey K. Varszegi
Jeffrey K. Varszegi, Landlord / Tenant Lawyer - Andover, MA
Posted over 4 years ago.

If you are in any term of a non-breached lease, you have a right to stay until the end of your lease. After any lease expires, your tenancy would convert to a tenancy at will. If the landlord wants to force you to move, the first step would be to serve you with a valid Notice to Quit.

If you have not signed an extension of an original lease, you may still be in the middle of a lease period due to terms of the original lease. Sometimes they are written to be self-extending. Your rights will depend on the specific wording of any lease(s).

Since you're a Section 8 benefits recipient, you would meet income qualifications for free legal services. I'd encourage you to seek out some legal help.