No photo
Posted almost 5 years ago.

I have actually only paid $500 in restitution. What do you mean its a judgement that the criminal court wont enforce? I could get my license back just by taking the 18 month class?

Daniel C Grupenhagen
Daniel C Grupenhagen, DUI / DWI Attorney - Huntington Beach, CA
Posted almost 5 years ago.

The court won't enforce the restitution award. It becomes a judgment that the victim can collect on but the criminal court won't enforce it like a term of probation. Yes, the class is still required by the DMV. If you have any questions about holds on your license, call the Mandatory Actions Unit of the DMV in Sacramento. They can be found on the CA DMV website.