No photo
Posted over 4 years ago.

Unfortunately, I am unemployed and can not afford a lawyer. This is the first I have heard of this bill. I think it is really strange that the collection agency did not try to notify me before. Believe me, I would have taken steps to clear up this issue right away. Now I am stuck with a summons to go to court so I need to know what to do now. How can I challenge this debt as not being mine?

Judy A. Goldstein
Judy A. Goldstein, Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Mokena, IL
Posted over 4 years ago.

If your case is in Room 111 of the Will County courthouse and you are unemployed, you may be able to use the services of the Will County Legal Assistance office. You should be able to find the number by searching online, but if you can't, call my office tomorrow before noon and we will furnish it for you.