No photo
Posted almost 5 years ago.

Hi John, thank you for your answer. No, because there is a DV involved and I have a restraining order against him, I can't really talk about important issues and he has been very nasty against me. I really want to get an attorney as he has one but I am stuck with bills wihtout any support from him. (he is not working) I just got a call from the landlord and it looks like he is not moving out anytime soon. I would like to see if I can talk to an attorney who can represent me just for the upcoming hearing as I get very nervous in front of the judge. I am concerned his drug abuse too. Meanwhile I will just wait for the hearing to change the order, or we have madiation in August so that I can ask for a modification for a visitation? Also would it be better if I go into the mediation seperate due to the DV?

John F Cannon
John F Cannon, Child Custody Lawyer - Temecula, CA
Posted almost 5 years ago.

You can certainly get an attorney to represent you just for the upcoming hearing - Limited Scope Representation. Unless there is a big emergency, the Court usually won't make orders on an ex-parte hearing, so, yes, you will like have to wait until the hearing. Yes, you will be separated in mediation due to the DV. I would be more than happy to speak to you about your case and discuss representing you at the hearing. Give my office a call.