Just be aware, that if you being a small claims action, and the contractor moves to stay the case until your compliance with Chapter 558, you will be delayed until you have so complied. That is after you have incurred filing fees to have suit filed. A letter in compliance with Chapter 558 first, would be a cheaper alternative, "if" it worked to get you paid.