No photo
Posted almost 5 years ago.

Yes it was served in Texas by a process server. My husband filed Divorce in Arizona. He's trying to extradite me to an Arizona court. He has threatened me in the past and I'm afraid for my safety and that of my children's. I've tried legal aid and I have yet to get through. Can the Texas state government help me to protect myself? I'm at a loss and I'm not sure what to do. Any information is helpful, and I thank you for responding.

Laura Ream Lemus
Laura Ream Lemus, Family Law Attorney - Houston, TX
Posted almost 5 years ago.

I do not know the service requirements in Arizona. There are quite a few legal aid agencies that may be able to help you in Texas. I suggest contacting the Texas Advocacy Project: Their family violence legal line is 800-374-hope (Statewide)
and their family law hotline is 800-777-fair (Statewide). Hopefully they can point you in the right direction. You really do need to get a lawyer as soon as possible though to avoid a default in Arizona.