No photo
Posted over 4 years ago.

And what happens after the work permit? Will we be able to apply for residency? Or do we have to leave the country after the 2 years are over?

Arie Ebrahimian
Arie Ebrahimian, Immigration Attorney - Beverly Hills, CA
Posted over 4 years ago.

If you're granted deferred action, you don't have to leave the country. Deferred action means that the U.S. government will delay any immigration efforts for at least 2 years subject to renewal. In addition, you will be eligible to apply for a work permit, subject to renewal. Again, the Obama policy will NOT confer any status. This means that you will not get a green card under the new Obama policy.

DISCLAIMER - NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: The information provided in this email is intended for informational purposes only. This email does not necessarily reflect current legal or factual developments and is general in nature. Nothing set forth in this email should be construed as providing legal advice regarding an individual situation. Furthermore, the information provided in this email is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Attorney Arie Ebrahimian makes no warranty, express or implied, about the correctness, accuracy or reliability of the information set forth in this email. The information provided in this email should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of legal services with Attorney Arie Ebrahimian or establish an attorney-client relationship absent a written agreement for legal services. Thank you.