Ms. Raddatz is right. If there is domestic violence involved and you are in some sort of danger. Speak with an attorney about a restraining order. You can't choose where he lives although you can seek a protective order prohibiting him from coming within a certain distance from you or contacting you. Your lawyer will help you with this.