No photo
Posted over 4 years ago.

Support was ordered in 2007 at $245, however $450 has been paid virtually every month since then, give or take a few months. In July 2011 petition to modfy parent child relationship was done and though support was not asked to be modified her attorney threatened to have it changed if the $450 that was already being paid wasn't agreed upon for the temporary order. So it was. Now petition for retroactive child support is being filed dating to when another petition to modify child custody was done earlier this year. Can this petition to modify support/retroactive support be done though it was just changed in July 2011?

Min Gyu Kim
Min Gyu Kim, Family Law Attorney - Houston, TX
Posted over 4 years ago.

the obligee can seek a modification anytime she wants. the burden changes depending on how long she waits until the last court order regarding the child support issue.