No photo
Posted over 5 years ago.

Do I have to register as a Foreign LLC before I can get a business license?

Rosana G Herrera
Rosana G Herrera, Contracts / Agreements Lawyer - San Diego, CA
Posted over 5 years ago.

Not necessarily. You will need to obtain a business license from the city in which you will be conducting business within the State of California. You will also need to obtain a California seller's permit through the California Board of Equalization, if you sell or lease merchandise, vehicles, or other tangible personal property within the State of California. The license and the permit will both be issued to the owner and the address listed on the permit/license application. Thus, you can register for these under the foreign LLC, and thereafter or simultaneously register the foreign LLC with the California Secretary of State.