If you are marrying in any sort of special circumstance, have questions about your or your partner’s eligibility to marry, or need to draft a pre-nuptial agreement, you’ll need a lawyer who specializes in marital law. After marriage you might need a lawyer to determine property issues, apply for residency in the U.S., or help get you through an annulment or divorce. Avvo’s Legal Guides can help you figure out when you might need an attorney and how to find the right one.