When is a Lawful Permanent Resident at risk of losing your Lawful Permanent Residence card?
1. When they accept a job abroad.
2. When they fail to file a resident tax return.
3. When they stay outside the U.S. for more than one year without a valid re entry permit or
4. When they are otherwise found to abandon their residence in the U.S.
What Factors are considered by USCIS or the U.S. Consul in determining if residence was abandoned?
1. The amount of time the Resident has spent in the U.S.
2. Where the resident is working.
3. Whether the trips abroad were temporary.
4. What ties the Resident has in the U.S.
5. Does the Resident have a home in the U.S.
6. Whether the Resident pays taxes in the U.S.
7. The residents ownership in property in the U.S.
8. The reason for the residents trips abroad.