What To Do If Your Own Doctor Refuses to Testify at Trial on Your Behalf | San Diego Injury Lawyer

Mark Carleton Blane

Video posted by  Pro

Personal Injury Lawyer - San Diego, CA

Contributor Level 14

Posted over 2 years ago. Applies to San Diego, CA, 1 helpful vote


San Diego California Personal Injury Attorney Mark Blane discusses what you can do if your own treating doctor refuses to testify at trial for your injury accident case. Basically you can subpoena the doctor to come in and if he or she ignores the subpoena there are severe legal consequences. However, if you compel your own doctor to come in via subpoena, his or testimony may not exactly help your case (since they were forced to come in). The other way is to hire a medical expert to interpret the medical findings of your own doctor. The better way is to be proactive on your case from the very beginning by making sure the doctors you are treating with will support you both on the medical and legal end of your claim. San Diego car accident Mark Blane is very proactive in meeting with his client's doctors from the beginning of the case to make sure his clients are never in this awkward position.For more information, go to http://www.blanelaw.com. Or call Mark Blane directly at (619) 813-7955.

Additional Resources

Information Web Page | California Personal Injury

Rate this guide

Related Topics

Medical malpractice

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Personal injury

If you suffer a personal injury as the result of the actions or negligence of another, you may seek financial compensation for physical or emotional damages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,714 answers this week

3,290 attorneys answering